The Impact of Trauma and PTSD
The experience of trauma is very much present in our lives, and the effects reach far and wide. This leaves traces on our minds and emotions, on our ability to experience joy and intimacy, and even our biology and immune system.
With the continual in-depth discoveries through neuroscience, developmental psychopathology, and neuropsychology, it has been possible to identify just how trauma produces physiological, psychological and emotional changes.
These are the changes that lead to reactions and actions such as drug taking, eating disorders, severe anxiety and depression, numbness, dissociation, self-harm, hyper-vigilance, and a general lacking of meaning in life.
There are 3 ways of helping:
2. Top down – From our psychology through working with the traumatic memory and the collapse of all that we know.
3. Bottom up – From our physiology through working with the body’s visceral contradictions locked within.
How Our Online Program Will Help
The ‘Understanding Trauma and PTSD’ online program, with over 4.5 hours of video instruction, will show you a combination of top down and bottom up methods of helping someone stuck in trauma. It will give you the tools to help people regain control over their past, and transform their physical and mental struggles back to self-mastery.
You will experience a range of ways of working, each able to produce profound changes in someone depending on the particular problem, and the makeup of the individual person.
Here’s What You Will Learn
- An understanding as to what happens psychologically, physiologically, and emotionally in trauma and PTSD, and the process of healing.
- Insight into when and why trauma can move into a PTSD diagnosis.
- Clarity on the difference between PTSD and Complex-PTSD (cPTSD).
- Techniques that help calm the overactive brain functioning and anxiety symptoms.
- Methods to manage flashbacks and to lessen their occurrences.
- Knowledge in how to help someone begin to talk about a traumatic experience, and foster the beginning of true healing.
- The most supportive things to say and what not to say to someone who is traumatised.
- What treatments are available, and which one are the most appropriate for each individual.
- You will learn practical techniques and strategies that you can use straight away for yourself or in your work, and which will facilitate immediate benefits for the people you are helping.
“The best trauma training I have ever been on!” – Sharon, London Workshop attendee
This Course Is For You If …
- You are suffering from the effects of trauma and/or PTSD.
- You work with people in trauma and PTSD (including Complex PTSD) and you want some new ideas on how to be more effective.
- As a therapist you are looking for different ways of working therapeutically with traumatised clients.
- Someone you know is struggling with the impact of a traumatic event and feels helpless.
- You want to understand further how traumatic events impact people’s lives and what can make a difference to their recovery.
This Online Program Is Delivered By Dr Sandra Westland and Dr Tom Barber, both highly experienced practitioners in working with trauma using the latest psychological approaches.
The methods you will learn are based on scientific and psychological research. Sandra and Tom bring a combined experience of 40 years of psychotherapeutic client work, research, and teaching to the training course.
Sandra has experienced and recovered from PTSD herself, and has many years of experience working with paramedics, ambulance technicians and crisis teams. She has found first hand, in her research on women and problematic weight, that trauma has a bearing on weight, food and body issues.
Tom has spent many years researching the impact of anger and emotion, both prevalent in traumatic events and experiences. He is one of the leading authorities on the experience of anger, particularly in men. His previous military service has provided him with a unique insight into the effects and treatment of trauma from conflict scenarios.
“Such a brilliant workshop. Highly professional, well paced and managed. I learnt so much and grew hugely. Life changing and inspiring. Thank you!” – Belinda, London Workshop attendee
Included in this 8-part video course are full PowerPoint slide presentations and course handouts, all equating to 6.5 hours of CPD – Continuing Professional Development – for which you will receive your certificate of completion.
You can take as much time as you want to study each approach and technique in your own time through your Personal Online Member’s portal on either your computer, tablet or phone (all platforms included such as iPhone and Android, etc.)
Additionally, you have a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not completely satisfied with the program once you have completed it, then you can get your money back, no questions asked.
To find out more, including an in-depth breakdown of what’s covered in the course click here.