The following outline of the course is a general one. The course is subject to continuous evaluation and alteration. This is an experiential programme and not just a theory-lecture course.
- Introduction to the course.
- History of hypnosis – from Mesmer to McKenna.
- Rapid and slow inductions and deepeners – How to guide someone into hypnosis and how to take someone into deeper relaxation.
- Suggestibility tests – How the power of words can influence behaviour.
- Self hypnosis and how it can be used for self help.
- Hypnotic language and suggestion for behaviour affirmation.
- Milton Erickson”s language patterns and Laws of the Mind – become skilled at the language of hypnosis and the methods of placing suggestions for positive behavioural change.
- Modalities and eye cues – how to effectively speak someone”s language to enhance communication and the hypnotic experience.
- NLP – Learn the philosophy of Neuro-linguistic Programming and why it is considered the “most powerful vehicle change for change in existence.” (Psychologies Magazine)
- Submodality shifting – How to interrupt patterns and cycles of behaviour through sensory memory, and ready the mind for change.
- NLP Theatre Screen and SWISH – learn techniques that can change somebody’s unwanted feelings and responses, such as anxiety, panic, lack of confidence and public speaking, to name just a few.
- Guided Affective Imagery – Using the concept of symbolism as a way of bringing the irrational and the involuntary into awareness so that they can be transformed.
- Future Time Progression.
- Integration for specific behavioural change.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Find out how this popular form of therapy works and just what it can do.
- Smoking Cessation theory and treatment – How CBT and hypnosis combine to facilitate becoming a non-smoker.
- Treating habits – Gain knowledge in how to stop habits such as nail biting, teeth grinding, procrastination and food picking.
- Stein’s Clenched Fist – another technique to learn for effective state change to manage anger, panic and anxiety.
- Weight Management Therapy – study how to formulate an effective programme for weight loss using Hypnosis, CBT and NLP.
- Working with Phobias – learn how to change a phobic response such as fear of flying, claustrophobia, social phobia in a matter of minutes.
- The Theatre Screen Technique – become skilled at an extremely effective method for changing unwanted behavioural patterns instantly.
- Hypnosis and Pain Control -learn how to teach someone to control and manage pain and alleviate pain completely.
- Introduction to Counselling Skills – become proficient at ‘being with’ and ‘responding to’ clients.
- Ten objects and Jo Hari’s Window – 2 exercises that assist a client”s insightful exploration and allows you to practice further the counselling skills.
- Freud – Learn about the man, his theories, psychoanalysis and the psychodynamic approach as well as skills like free association.
- Jung – Study his personality types, the conscious, personal and collective unconscious. Explore the archetypal images, persona’s and shadow sides of the personality.
- Dream analysis – Become skilled at using dreams in hypnosis to take the client deeper into their unconscious world.
- Psycho Imaginative Therapy – another effective way of using imagery and symbolism to resolve inner conflicts and create unconscious healing.
- Working with Photo’s – see how using personal snapshots and other pictures can take the client meaningfully into themselves.
- Psychoneuroimmunology and hypnohealing – Hypnosis and healing for IBS, asthma, migraines and other physical ailments.
- Introduction to Inner Child therapy – encounter the powerful healing that can occur when using the Inner Child.
- Understanding how to use this form of therapy within a treatment.
- Regression and Hypnoanalysis – Learn the fundamental philosophies and principles of regression work and how individuals hold their past, the inaccurate beliefs causing the presenting symptoms and how to facilitate change using these invaluable life changing techniques.
- Berne”s Transactional Analysis and Perls’ Gestalt therapy – Two incredibly useful theoretical approaches to therapy and life that will increase your knowledge and bring additional techniques into your therapy tool box.
- Professional Practice and Practice management.
- Ethics and Boundaries and The code of Ethics and Practice.
- Working with endings.
- Everything you need to know to become a successful and effective therapist.
- Final assessments.
The Counselling Units below are covered throughout this hypnotherapy and psychotherapy course. If you wish to gain the Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory, there will be an additional piece of coursework to complete.
- Unit 1: Professional & Organisational Issues.
- Unit 2: Counselling Skills.
- Unit 3: Counselling Theory.
To gain a Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory an additional module will need to be completed.
We will continually assess, review and update the hypnotherapy and psychotherapy course content, material and method. We reserve the right, whilst maintaining the stated syllabus, to effect changes in emphasis in any part of this programme.