The College's Objectives are:
- To provide courses to trainees which prepares them thoroughly for Hypnotherapy and Counselling careers.
- To provide a level and quality of tuition that is in line with meeting the standards as set by GHR, HA, BACP.
- To ensure that trainees completing the courses are fit to practice and are aware of the importance of maintaining CPD, indemnity insurance and supervision.
- To ensure trainees fully understand and adhere to the Codes of Good Practice as set out by GHR, HA, BACP.
Tutors are expected to:
- Use a range of learning styles and experiential activities to enable active learning.
- Use demonstrations, discussions and supervised skills practice within their teaching.
- Give feedback in skills practice.
- Follow the learning aims and objectives for the module and any lesson plans provided.
- Make every effort to encourage all to participate.
- Make use of the variety of resources available.
- Attend regular staff meetings to enable a coherent and consistent delivery of the programme.
- Adhere to the Ethical codes of good practice in their teaching.
Trainees are expected to:
- Become familiar with the Contemporary College handbook.
- Be responsible for making informed choices about their study and unit choices.
- Actively participate in all units undertaken.
- Take responsibility for own learning, being an independent self-reliant learner, doing their utmost to achieve the highest quality possible.
- Learn from feedback from tutors and peers
- Be responsible for time management and meeting deadlines.
- Seek help if needed.
- Clinically work within the ethical guidelines as set out by the college.
- Undertake supervision that meets the requirements of the course.
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Practice - GHR, HA, BACP.
Contemporary College will work to remove any barriers which might deter people from applying to CCTS, either as staff or trainees. The College aims to provide an inclusive environment which values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its staff and trainees are respected to assist them in reaching their full potential. No prospective or actual trainee or member of staff will be treated less favourably than any other, whether before, during or after their study or employment at CCTS.
Do You Have Any Questions?
If you'd like to ask us any questions about training and your opportunities, then simply click on the Ask a Question button.