To develop a repertoire of:
- Cognitive and Behavioural hypnotic interventions.
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques.
- Guided and Psycho Imagery techniques.
To underpin these hypnotherapy techniques with an understanding of:
- The nature of hypnosis and the mind.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- The philosophies of NLP.
- Analytical Theory and Practice.
- To integrate hypnosis into an existing therapeutic practice.
- To increase self-awareness of the individual including the impact on others.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy Course Objectives
- To know the signs of hypnosis and how to use various hypnotherapy techniques to prompt an hypnotic state.
- To recognise contraindications of hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
- To gain a practical working knowledge of the conscious and the subconscious as deemed by NLP and Hypnotherapy.
- To practically experience a range of hypnotherapy techniques that look to move an individual from an unwanted state to a desired state.
- To appreciate working with a variety of presenting problems e.g. Weight issues, phobias, anxiety, smoking cessation etc… using various hypnotherapy techniques.
- To practically experience a range of analytical and imagery techniques that explore the inner world of the client and the roots of the problem.
- Integrate hypnotic interventions into existing practice.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy Course Outcomes
By the end of this hypnotherapy course students will be able to:
Use a range of hypnotherapy and NLP techniques competently and effectively, specifically:
- Initiating the exploration of presenting problems.
- Employing a range of hypnotic inductions.
- Carrying out an NLP and/or hypnotic/psychotherapeutic technique.
- Processing individual sessions.
- Concluding individual sessions.
- Critically evaluating individual sessions.
- Planning possible future work following a session.
- Accept and subscribe to an Ethical Framework (e.g. GHR, HA, BACP)
- Display a working understanding of an integrated approach to Cognitive Behavioural hypnotherapy, NLP and Analytical and Imagery work and of the need to avoid the danger of using hypnotherapy techniques based on a limited understanding.
- Value and make use of casework supervision.
- Reflect constructively on self, own life experiences and interactions with others and evidence own personal and professional growth process.